AOL is a New York-based web portal and online service provider. It was acquired by Verizon Communications on June 23, 2015, for $4.4 billion. The digital media company offers a web portal and online services. It also holds the record as one of the early explorers of the Internet in the mid-1990s. By 1995, the company had about 20 million active online users. Originally, AOL provided instant messaging, e-mail, web portal, and later a web browser. Currently, the brand is marketed by Oath Inc.
Also known as AIM Mail, the AOL Mail is a free Webmail service available to AOL paying customers and non-subscribers via its proprietary, all-in-one software package. Like it’s traditional email program, AOL Mail does not require special software and it operates over the Internet using standard Web browsers like Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
How To Open An Email Account
- Go to webmail.aol.com.
- Click on the Get a Free Username button.
- It will take you to a page where you will create your account. Carefully enter the information needed in the provided boxes. Also, remember to input a username and password you can easily remember.
- Click on the Sign-Up button below.
AOL boasts an extensive list of online games designed to enhancer user experience among gamers. AOL.com platform allows users to find their favorite games by bringing them forward as recommendations, suggesting related games, as well as highlighting a new game daily. Some popular games on AOL include but not limited to Backgammon, Dragon’s Gate, Nertz, Wahoo, GemStoneIV, Neverwinter Nights, Bingo, Starswith, Yukon, and Moonlight Bowling. To have access to these games, you need to sign up for an account on the gaming platform. Once this is done, you can easily sign into Games on AOL.com with your Twitter, AOL, Yahoo, or Google accounts.
You can easily buy games on the product page and then download any AOL games of your choice at Apple iTunes or Google Play app page, depending on your device.
How To Share A Game With Your Friends
- Log in to Games on AOL.com.
- Go to the page of the game you want to share with your friends.
- Move to the top right corner of the game page, select the Twitter or Facebook icon.
- Sign into the respective service, If prompted.
- Follow the sharing instructions.
How To Fix Your Online Games
Method 1: Upgrade your browser
AOL games operate best on the latest browser technology
Method 2: Download and Install the latest version of Adobe Flash
Method 3: Try and open Games on AOL.com on a new browser
If your Safari, Chrome, and Firefox refuse to work and the Games on AOL.com works in a new browser, keep using that browser to play your games.
Method 4: Clear your browser cache
Method 5: Install Java
Method 6: Clear your Java cache.
Once you finish clearing your Java cache and browser cache, make sure you close all browsers (or your AOL Desktop software). Reopen it and try playing the game.
Method 7: Reset your web settings
Method 8: Restart your computer
After trying all the aforementioned methods and you still have issues accessing their games, quickly contact their customer support so that they can assist you.
Note: To purchase, download, license downloaded games, or play any game online, you’ll need an internet connection. However, there are also games you can play offline. You need to purchase them from Games on AOL.com so you can play them without the internet when you want.
AOL Chat Rooms
AOL chat rooms were launched as a stand-alone chat product. By 1997, AOL had about 19,000 chatrooms. Following a decrease in chat users due to technological advancement, AIM Chat was removed from AIM.com, AOL.com and its AIM IM client. But the AIM chat rooms can be accessed using any browser and are still working on AOL Desktop web browsing software (a free all-in-one service for browsing, instant messaging, and desktop email). You can download AOL Desktop to access this package and connect with people from all over the world, including invited members. All you need are the suitable software for the type of chat room you want to join and a free screen name (downloading the software and signing up for the screen name is free). The screen name serves as your online ID and also paves way for other users to contact you through instant messaging and email.
AOL chat rooms are grouped into two – Chat rooms created by members and chat room created by AOL. Both groups, however, have the People Connection as their main home. Chats in both groups focus on topics like sports, pets, celebrities, food, entertainment, geographical location, travel, friendship, hobbies, and lots more. Chat rooms created by members can either be public or private.
The importance of the customer support department cannot be overemphasized because it is the lifeline of any organization. Apart from the fact that the customer care representatives provide real-time assistance to people, their presence on multiple communication platforms helps a great deal in bringing in the needed response on time and quickly too. On AOL, the case is not different, as it has multiple platforms where customers hook up with agents 24/7. You can contact them through the following means.
1. Email: Here, you’ll get to chat with AOL experienced Customer Care agents and receive answers to your questions within 24-72 hours.
2. 24×7 Live Support: You are looking for how to sort out email issues, technical challenges, login issues and more, the 24×7 live support is the right place to be. Strictly available for paid AOL members only, the platform features AOL experts who chat with members live.
3. AOL Social Support: This medium avails you the opportunity to chat with an experienced Member Services consultant on Twitter or Facebook.
4. AOL Corporate Contacts: If want to hook up with AOL corporate media for inquiries or AOL security, then this place is ideal for it.
For further inquiries, you can put in a call across the customer support agents via these numbers.
Call: 1-800-827-6364 (Mon-Fri: 8am-1am ET; Sat-Sun: 8am-10pm ET)
To sign up for AOL
Call: 1-800-827-6364 (Mon-Fri: 8am-12am ET; Sat: 8am-10pm ET).
AOL TTY service for the deaf or hard-of-hearing
Call: 1-800-759-3323 (Must have the TTY-enabled equipment).
Technical Support (Paid Customers Only)
Call: 1-800-827-6364 (24 x 7).
Call: 1-800-827-6364 (Mon-Fri: 8am-12am ET; Sat: 8am-10pm ET).
How To Delete An Account On AOL
Most online service providers hate it when you delete your account or leave their platform. But AOL has taken this to another level, making it difficult for users to delete their accounts. Nonetheless, we found out a simple way of helping you delete your account. Just do the following.
- Open a new browser.
- Type in changeplan.aol.com and click enter.
- This will prompt you to sign in your AOL account using your password and username.
- Before you login to the page, you will have to provide an answer to the security question you picked when you signed up for the AOL account.
- After entering your answer, click on Continue.
- Once you are logged in to the page, click on the link – Manage My Subscriptions.
- Move down and click on the Change Plan link.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Cancel Plan. AOL will tell you the things you’ll be losing if you delete your account.
- Choose a reason for deleting your account in the provided box and click the Cancel AOL button below. Your request cannot be granted unless you choose a reason for leaving.
- You will receive a notification from AOL telling you that your account has been deleted.