With the Walmart Price Match, you can have items you purchase matched with others from different online stores. While it is mostly products from online stores that you can match, you can also request for a price match at the register for in-store purchase to an online price.
There are many things that have made many people to still prefer Walmart to other online stores including Target and Amazon, and one of such apart from the many stores it has in different locations is the cheap prices that it comes with.
More than just offering products at more affordable prices than most other retailers, it also has a price matching policy that makes it possible for you to have your products matched with the cheapest price sold by other retailers.
Another interesting thing with the price match is that even after making a recent purchase before you find out that the product is now listed at a cheaper price, you can still contact Walmart for a discount.
What is the Walmart Price Match policy?
If you are buying a product from Walmart.com, there are some policies that you need to understand before you can take advantage of the Walmart Price Match. The most important of such policies is to, first of all, establish that the same product is sold at a lower price on another online store.
However, there are some limitations to the price matching:
- The product you are picking has to be identical in size, brand, model, quantity, and color to the one on another online retail store.
- It must currently be available on the online retailer’s store as well as on Walmart.com.
- Rain checks will not be offered for items that are not currently in stock.
- You can only get a price match for an item once in a day.
- It is only products from one of these online retailers that can be honored:
Items must be sold by one of these online stores:
Things not matched
There are many other things that are not matched by Walmart and also, many other conditions before prices can be matched.
- If you are making purchases from stores in Alaska and Hawaii, it will not be matched with other online or store prices.
- Products that have a discount at checkout cannot be matched.
- If the prices are from or on behalf of Marketplace and third-party sellers
- Products that come with a discount of some percentage or amount off.
- Products that require membership or auction prices.
- Items with prices that cannot be determined with things like fees and shipping charges will not be matched
- Items that come as part of bundle offers, with coupons, mail-in offers, rebates, or offers that include financing.
- Any product that requires a minimum quantity of purchase will not qualify for the Walmart Price Match.
- Products that are sold in special events, or have been listed as clearance, liquidation, special hour or flash sales or even limited quantity, clearance, or other similar things.
- Products that have been used, damaged, or refurbished.
- In-Store prices
- Items with an error in their prices
- Products that have been priced with pickup discount.
- No matching for products sold for events like Thanksgiving Day through Cyber-Monday. It should be noted that Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales for 2018 will begin at 9 p.m. Central online and in the app, and 6 p.m. local time in-store
How to match a Walmart.com price to another online retailer
- Once you think you are eligible to have your price matched on an item based on the things stated above, you will need to contact Walmart.com Customer Care even before you place your order.
- Above everything else, it is important for you to understand that the final decision on matching an online price is all on Walmart so it can decide for a thing or another, not to match the price.
Requesting a price reduction
If after purchasing an item from Walmart and you realize that the price has been brought down (a price reduction or rollback), you can request for an adjustment in the price you paid. Here are steps to take:
- The first thing to do is to contact Customer Care and request for an adjustment for the price difference The product must be purchased from Walmart.com but does not include items from third-party sellers or even from a Marketplace. More so, the product has to be within its eligible return window.
- Importantly, price reduction cannot be sought for items sold during Clearance, Special buy, or other special events such as Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday and Black Friday.
Before now, you could use your Walmart App Saving Catcher feature to price match items. However, a new change has been introduced by the online store to make Walmart Pay the only way that you can use to get the Savings Catcher earnings.
More so, it will also be the only way for you to submit your receipts, meaning you will not be able to scan your paper receipts with the app or have it submitted using your computer. In order to use the Savings Catcher, here are the new steps to take:
- Download the Walmart App for Android devices or iOS devices based on what you are using
- Enroll for the Walmart Pay
- After buying a product, use the Walmart Pay at checkout in order to create an eReceipt that you can submit for the Walmart Price Match.
- Tap on Submit Receipt from the Walmart Pay on your app.
Can you price match Walmart online?
Yes, you can price match items you get on some other online stores on Walmart. However, they need to be in accordance with the Walmart policy indicated above.
How long does it take for savings catcher to work?
After making your request and submitting a receipt, it may take Walmart up to 72 hours to check and get back to you through an email.
What other stores have price match?
Apart from Walmart, there are other stores that have the price match program such as Target, Lowe’s, JCPenney, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Nordstrom.
Do Savings Catcher Reward Dollars expire?
The limit of earnings you can make from Savings Catcher in a year is $599.99. This earning does not expire so you can accumulate and use it as you may wish.